Sunday, January 25, 2015

'Myth' from SteH - 'Cave Troll'


I may stretching this one a bit however here's my Myth bonus round entry, a cave troll by Games Workshop for the Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game. My justification being that many of the creatures in the Lord of the Rings books are culled from mythology and folklore anyway therefore this Troll has its roots in mythology!


At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.


He was painted up for the simple pleasure of painting, no deadline to get him on the painting table for a change. 


I probably could have put a little more time in but I had a few minor disasters with paint drying weird and then my Vallejo sepia wash pooling on the model, separating and drying as some weird kind of chalky powder. So i called it quits once he got to this stage!

Thanks

Ste

4 comments: