Sunday, March 5, 2017

'Characters/Scene from' IsobelS: Legolas and Eowyn

Hi everyone! Just going to make a very quick post for the last bonus challenge. For this week I decided to paint some Lord of the Rings figurines that AledC had lying around. I chose these two in particular because Legolas was always my favourite character and I really liked the Eowyn mould. Both of these figures have a beautiful movement to them; I particularly like Legolas' cloak and Eowyn's hair. 












The only thing I didn't like about these figures was fitting them into the slot bases and the horrific lean that both of them had. I had a really hard time getting them to sensible levels of upright and even then I feel that maybe they're a bit too exaggerated. Oh well.

I'll also point out that this was my first foray into painting eyes and eyebrows. It was a bit tricky and nothing that I would go doing again in a hurry, particularly for generic army men as opposed to character models.

I really enjoyed painting these two figures and they gave me motivation to keep ploughing through the rest of the little guys I have on my painting table to submit for the challenge.

8 comments:

  1. Very nice, I particularly like Eowyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a fabulous job, Isobel. The faces are full of expression. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work Isobel. I'm particularly taken by your Eowyn (as I was in the film as well). :)

    ReplyDelete